Monday, February 25, 2019

Lets Be Lefties For The Day Essay

Today I participated in an appellative designed to help the student to accept that discrimination exists (DeVry College, 2014, week star lecture, p.3). In our society the majority of state are right give therefore severallything is constructed to accommodate that, versus the small minority of people whom happen to be left- go alonged. Spending the day as a left-handed person was a challenge and lead to a lot of frustration and unaccomplished tasks. I was hale to think about diametrical ways to do things, and also note how another(prenominal) people may perceive my capabilities and me. Loosing the use of my right hand was debilitating to me. I could not write down anything that was legible, my hand paternity resembled that of a child. Trying to eat my lunch was interesting, it comes natural to cut your victuals with the knife in your right hand, but its quite ill at ease(p) when you use your left hand. Just has an experiment, the whole experience been quite anomalous to watch myself struggle with the simplest of things.However I did reflect on how other people would see me and how it would affect my performance at work. How would my boss fight back if she saw me struggling with different tasks? How would she handle it? How would I want it handled? Would I be discriminated against because I was in a minority group? disparity is the result of longstanding practices and/or behaviors that have a negative extend to on members of subordinate groups (DeVry College, 2014, week one lecture, p.2). We all know that people can adapt and learn different ways. it is crucial to be sure of diversity in a work place. Diversity is in every aspect of our lifes the workplace. America is made up of hundreds of different ethnicities and definitions of self. It is important that managers and professionals relate and understand the cultures, ethnic and grammatical gender differences.But favorable Action and the Department of Labor have made it more demanding for em ployers and companies to discriminate against aperson on the grounds of cultural, ethnic and gender differences. The American workplace has no choice but to adapt and tweet diversity. The U.S Department of the Interior mandates that all managers and executive programs have a minimum of 8 hours annually of equal employment opportunity and diversity training. Diversity is a non-stop processes, no two people are exactly the same and each person brings with them different experiences and new ideas (Kirkman &Shapito, 2001).By providing education and training to the managers it helps raise more cultural sensitivity and the avoidance of stereotypes. As a supervisor or manager it is important to encourage people to be themselves, because everyone whole kit and boodle better when they feel appreciated and accepted. Productivity is important to every club and performance will improve if people feel supported in their workplace. (Kirkman & Shapito, 2001).ReferencesChamberlain College of Nu rsing. (2014). SOCS350 Cultural diversity in the professions Week 1 lecture. Online Publication.f Nursing (2014) undivided discrimination vs Institutional discrimination Lecture Week 1. http//www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/national-origin.htmlKirkman, B., & Shapiro, D. (n.d.). The blow of Cultural Values on Job Satisfaction and Organizational committedness in Self-Managing Work Teams The Mediating Role of Employee Resistance. Academy of Managment Journal, 3(44), 557-569.